As in previous years, Polish School of Charlotte will participate in the St. Patrick Day Parade. The Parade will take place in Uptown Charlotte on Sunday March 15, 2014. The Parade will begin at 11 AM at Tryon and 9th Street, and then will walk down South along Tryon till 3rd St.
This year our School will expand its presence: we are preparing a float on which our students will dance!
Alongside the Parade, there is also Charlotte Goes Green Festival from 10:00 AM to 6 PM, located on S. Tryon St. between 3rd St. & Stonewall St. The Festival will feature food, music, dances, various displays, and children amusement area. For more information please visit the Parade and Festival Web site.
Polish School of Charlotte has been offered a special entry for the event, which will allow early access to the arena and meet Marcin Gortat. To take advantage of this special entry offered through the Polish School of Charlotte, we must enter the Time Warner Arena as a group.
The entire group must meet at the Box Office entrance (located on 5th Street) no later than 5:15 pm to be escorted to the Club Section where everyone can watch the players warm up as well as have the meet-and-greet with Marcin Gortat around 5:30 pm.
Here are additional instructions for children that will perform during the event:
- Every student participating in the performance must have a waiver completed before they can go on to the court. Parents will receive the forms to fill out when entering the arena.
- Around 6:00 pm, the children and 3 of our teachers will be escorted to the event level where they will see the Bobcats back of house and wait to perform.
- Once the children are done performing, they will be escorted up to Section 112 on the concourse where their parents can meet them and enjoy the game.
- Our group will be sitting in Section 116, Rows CC-EE in the Lower Level (more expensive tickets) and Section 209, Rows K-N in the Upper Level (less expensive tickets).
- Please note that everything is timed on a strict schedule by Bobcats Game Operations Department so there will be no time to rehearse or change into a costume. All students performing the dances MUST be dressed in costumes when they arrive at the arena.
- Weather forecast indicates an extremely cold day on Tuesday, January 7th with 27 degrees during the day & 15 degrees at night. Please make sure your child is dressed properly to walk from a parking deck to the arena. Parents will have to keep the coats as a coat check is not available at the arena.
- Please ensure your children have eaten by the time they arrive at the arena. We will be on a very tight schedule. Concession stands at the arena will not open until 6pm.
Parking: there are many paid parking lots in the area. On the days when there are events in the area, the parking fee is usually $10.
There is also a train stop within a walking distance of the arena.
Please give yourself extra time to ensure timely arrival at the arena. You will be arriving Uptown at the time when many people will be returning home from work. Traffic in the area is expected to be heavy.
Polish School of Charlotte cordially invites you to our 2nd Annual Jasełka – Nativity Celebration in Polish style! Join us to see children’s performance, eat real Polish food, and socialize.
As it was last year, our Jaselka event is open to public – anybody can join us! You are welcome to come and also invite your friends and family to attend the event.
Students and teachers from our school have been working hard preparing the artistic program for the Jasełka event. This program is different than what was presented last year, so you really need to come again…
After the children’s performance we will be serving original Polish food.
We will also have St. Nicholas joining us during the event. He will talk to children and will have a small gift for every one of them.
This year’s Christmas holiday celebration will take place at McAlpine Elementary School (9100 Carswell Ln., Charlotte, NC 28277) on Sunday, December 8th, from 2 to 5pm.
Admission for attendees will be $12 per adult and $8 per child over 5 years old (children under 5 are free). Admission for students of the Polish School, their parents and siblings is free. Each ticket also includes a plate of hot Polish food.
We will be selling raffle tickets for various prizes, including:
- Gift cards from Zygma, Taste of Europe, and Dunkin Donuts;
- Professional Family Photo Package
- “Family Game Night” gift basket
- “Spa” gift basket
- Bobcats game tickets
All proceeds from the sale of the event and/or raffle tickets will benefit Polish School of Charlotte.
This community event is organized by Polish School of Charlotte and also sponsored by Zygma European Groceries (Polish food store) and Taste of Europe Polish Cuisine (new Polish restaurant, recently open in Charlotte).