Polish School of Charlotte has been offered a special entry for the event, which will allow early access to the arena and meet Marcin Gortat. To take advantage of this special entry offered through the Polish School of Charlotte, we must enter the Time Warner Arena as a group.
The entire group must meet at the Box Office entrance (located on 5th Street) no later than 5:15 pm to be escorted to the Club Section where everyone can watch the players warm up as well as have the meet-and-greet with Marcin Gortat around 5:30 pm.
Here are additional instructions for children that will perform during the event:
- Every student participating in the performance must have a waiver completed before they can go on to the court. Parents will receive the forms to fill out when entering the arena.
- Around 6:00 pm, the children and 3 of our teachers will be escorted to the event level where they will see the Bobcats back of house and wait to perform.
- Once the children are done performing, they will be escorted up to Section 112 on the concourse where their parents can meet them and enjoy the game.
- Our group will be sitting in Section 116, Rows CC-EE in the Lower Level (more expensive tickets) and Section 209, Rows K-N in the Upper Level (less expensive tickets).
- Please note that everything is timed on a strict schedule by Bobcats Game Operations Department so there will be no time to rehearse or change into a costume. All students performing the dances MUST be dressed in costumes when they arrive at the arena.
- Weather forecast indicates an extremely cold day on Tuesday, January 7th with 27 degrees during the day & 15 degrees at night. Please make sure your child is dressed properly to walk from a parking deck to the arena. Parents will have to keep the coats as a coat check is not available at the arena.
- Please ensure your children have eaten by the time they arrive at the arena. We will be on a very tight schedule. Concession stands at the arena will not open until 6pm.
Parking: there are many paid parking lots in the area. On the days when there are events in the area, the parking fee is usually $10.
There is also a train stop within a walking distance of the arena.
Please give yourself extra time to ensure timely arrival at the arena. You will be arriving Uptown at the time when many people will be returning home from work. Traffic in the area is expected to be heavy.